A catastrophic plague has left a trail of destruction across Western Europe. Those who endure struggle against sickness, scarce resources and others desperate to survive in the defining event of the late Middle Ages.
CAN YOU SURVIVE THE PLAGUE?
- Assume the mantle of a plague doctor, Hell-bent on using science and knowledge to find a cure to the horrific plague spreading across the land.
- Endure, you must risk your life in a bid to understand the plague. Study its effects through experiments/autopsies on man and beast alike, something which is greatly disapproved of by the local population, who believe that science is heresy!
ADAPT TO SURVIVE
- Adapt your playstyle in order to survive the plague and its devastating effects. Learn hundreds of supporting skills by studying and becoming proficient in a variety of realistic medieval professions; Cook, Huntsman, Militia, Blacksmith, Peasant, Artisan, Bandit
- As you quest to cleanse the land, use these skill to help survive another day; Fight off starvation by farming the land and cooking your own food, trade or steal to get rich and grow your estate, craft/repair weapons in order to fight off fanatical forces or other players.
GRITTY MEDIEVAL MULTIPLAYER
- Embark on a journey through a dark and gritty open-world depiction of a plague-infested Medieval Europe. Explore; bustling ports, striking castles, treacherous bandit camps, deathly battlefields, deep mines and burnt villages in your search for the answer. Interact with hundreds of NPC’s; trade with merchants and hunters, clash with crusaders and bandits and be wary of infected beggars.
- You don’t have to face these horrors alone. Team up with other players and work together to prosper or become a menace to the world and take everything you can! But be careful who you trust…
- Try to rebuild, set-up a homestead by yourself or with friends. Develop and customise a rickety shack into a powerful estate with the ultimate medieval research lab to help you perform your experiments and find a cure.
Logo & Icon
“there’s a kernel of something special here, and if it keeps building, I’d love to come back, dreary as the Middle Ages may be.” – http://www.pcgamer.com/a-survival-game-set-in-the-dark-ages-pits-you-against-the-plague/
“drown in bubonic plague with your pals.” – https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-black-death/the-black-death-rolls-into-early-access-april-19
“Two NPCs charged at me with clubs raised and death in their eyes, trying to end my miserable existence. Outnumbered, my “Fight or Flight” decision process very heavily favored the second option – so I mashed the “Sprint” key and made a run for it.” – http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/accessed-early-black-death-preview/
“The update is packed with a fully revamped combat system, a proper diurnal system, new spawn locations for noobies, new pillaging areas “that nobody in their right mind would want to visit unless you want the best loot in the game,” and the “tip of the new housing system iceberg” with what the team is calling a “core feature set” for housing that’ll be expanded heavily moving forward.” – http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/31/black-deaths-v0-12-overhauls-combat-and-housing-offers-new-trailer/
Developer: Small Impact Games & Syrin Studios
Based in: Leicester, UK
Publisher: Greenman Gaming
Release date: TBA, Currently in Early Access
Platforms: PC (Steam – Early Access)
SRP: $19.99 / £14.99 / €19.99
Request Press Copy
To requests a press copy please e-mail Pete@small-impact.com
The Black Death Credits
Special thanks to: